my journey to jewelry

To see the World in a grain of sand,
and Heaven in a wild flower.
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
and Eternity in an hour.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Banner Style.


Today I bring tidings of style and providence!

I am happy to report that I found a wonderful alternative to the ever-complicated photo shop and my beloved microsoft editor.  Acorn.  I have to say it has blown me away so far with what I can do with it, and it is really a common-sense program, meaning it is really simple to learn how to use.

After days and hours of agonizing over what I wanted my Etsy shop banner to look like, there was this total lightbulb moment. Eureka!  And I can honestly say I am proud of the outcome.  I took the picture of the books myself.  The little pearl starburst gem is a trinket that belong to a wonderful friend who is now in Heaven.  I love the way it worked out, that I wound up with the darling little pearl earring, and that it belonged to someone so special!  For me it makes the image very sentimental. And I want that to reflect on my business decisions.

I am very excited with the way things are going so far.  I feel like progress is finally being made, and rightly so after such a long time of putting these dreams to the side.  I feel blessed to know that God is still opening up doors for me, and that if I just cool my jets and breathe, He will show me which step to take next.  He showed me which picture to use for my sick banner!  He is so awesome.

The banner for this blog is inspired by the banner on my Etsy shop.  Check it out! I hope you like.


Thanks so much for reading.



Caryn

No comments:

Post a Comment